Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Préférés d'Enfance - { Childhood Favourites }

After one of the craziest weekends in the history of this little domain, what with Mathilda's mayhem and all, today called for some much needed domesticity in the form of baking...and oodles of loads of washing! And to continue on my journey along the yellow brick road of childhood favourites Bijou and I made hundreds and thousands bikkies!

I just used a basic biscuit recipe and we then had a whale of a time cutting them into all manner of fabulous shapes. A quick stint in the oven to bronze up, a generous lashing of lurid pink icing and a sunshiney sprinkling of "millions and trillions" (as I liked to call them as a lass) and these bikkies left Mr.Arnotts' for dead!

Suffice to say, not too many made it into the biscuit tin!


Or was that because there was hardly any bikkie dough to begin with? I hope your week puts a spring in your step!

10 comments:

Cindy said...

They look delicious...my girls are always suckers for the hundreds and thousands.

Brenda @ 13 Acres said...

Stephy!! i think our daughters could be twins - look how adorable she is sitting on the bench knees splayed (just like my little one!) does she demand to "lick the spoon!" Oh how delightful you have taken a break from that other appliance a.k.a a sewing machine and showed some love to the good old kitchen aid! Those bikkies look smashing - Enjoy with a nice cuppa xx

Foxglove said...

The biscuits look lovely. I like the photo of you princess on the bench she looks adorable.

My daughter loves sprinkles in milk!

What's For Tea? said...

Oh super cute! Thanks for sharing that's just bought back loads of good memories and put a big smile on my face :D

Kylie said...

Yummo:) Might have to make some of these for the miss' birthday bash:)

Tina said...

Steph they look so scrumptious!! I'm sure adults would eat these as fast as poppets!
It's funny how the raw dough seems to be as delicious as the completed bikkies - sometimes I think I should just make a batch of dough for the kids to polish off :)
Enjoy!

Heidi said...

What a little sweetie pie cooking away...she looks just like her Mommy!!!

bron @ baby space said...

These totally remind me of baking with my lil best mate back in the day...we did exactly this with the pink icing and the hundreds and thousands - we were so proud :) Looks like your wee one had a ball too!

Fippa said...

Your bikkies and your daughter are both gorgeous ( daughter more gorgeous of course). I too love my KitchenAid mixer, although it is not a pretty colour. Sometimes I just look at it lovingly and sigh! Aurevoir!

Kathy said...

Too cute, I bet Bijou loves mummy's baking! Those biscuits look delish, enjoy:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...