Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Corn, Zucchini and Spinach Fritters


Lately we've been ordering our fruit and veg online. Each Friday I'm greeted by a lovely man who delivers a large box of the freshest most seasonal organic delights. I'm loving the somewhat Pandora's Box-ishness of it all and am relishing coming up with new ways to incorporate fruit and vegetables into our daily meals.


Some leftover spinach, zucchini, corn and a glut of heavenly avocados produced this affair. And it was trés scrummy!

Corn, Zucchini and Spinach Fritters with Guacamole

2 cobs corn, kernels cut off
1 large zucchini, grated
a good handful of spinach, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 handful of cheese, I used cheddar
2 eggs lightly beaten
1/3 cup milk (may need to add a whisker more)
1 cup self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Mix together corn, zucchini, spinach, garlic, eggs and milk.
Add sifted flour. cumin, salt and pepper.
Shallow fry large spoonfuls in oil until golden.
Serve with guacamole (I just mashed 2 avocados, added a chopped tomato, a decent squeeze of lemon juice and sea salt), sour cream and sweet chilli sauce.
Stuff greedily into your salivating gob!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! They look scrumptious!!
x

Brenda @ 13 Acres said...

I'm thinking registering to have my veggies delivered as they do it as a fundraiser at J's school now....what fun.. Opening up your box of goodies, I'll be trying put that recipe too... Sounds divine!!!

Ps - booked a holiday in noosa in September!!!!

kelly said...

I'm suddenly feeling really hungry :-)... I. Ight make this over the weekend

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...