Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sitting


Oh my giddy aunt! I turned my head for what felt like a nano second and my beautiful little downy haired man is sitting up..well, almost.


My gentle, twinkly eyed, chatterbox babe is now viewing his world from a whole different dimension and is so delighted by it all.


Because we're still at that sitting perfectly one minute...toppling like a felled tree the next (complete with earth shattering impact) Mumma and Jan worked together to whip up a little cushion-ey affair.


Using the feeding pillow pattern from this super book as a guide I made the cushion out of calico and stuffed it with stuffing from a boomerang pillow that quite simply had seen better days. An extra removable cover with little ties to join it together so I can "de-vomit" it with a whirl around the washing machine when needed and Monsieur Remoulade is sitting pretty...well, handsome.


I picked up this powder blue Kokka linen with all things delish and boulangerie-ish from a delightful little fabric shop called my cupboard on a recent "shop my stash" expedition. Feeling oh so frugal and virtuous! Off to cuddle my poppets and hope I can slow time just a whisker.

4 comments:

bron @ baby space said...

gorgeous cushion and super gorgeous boy. yay for sitting!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...look how much your sweet boy has grown!
Brilliant idea with the cushion Steph,the cover is almost as cute as your son :)
x

Cat said...

Oh my Steph I know I say it all the time but your little boy is such a little cutie, he really is just gorgeous. I love your idea, very clever and one very lucky little boy he is to have a Mummy like you:) xx

Brenda @ 13 Acres said...

Oh my! I can't take my eyes off that gorgoues man of yours! He looks as proud as punch to be wedged in that delightful cushion too! Soft falls are the best! wishing you happy days full to the brim with cuddles from your bebes xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...